Dripping Springs Real Estate Listings
Dripping Springs Homes for Sale or Rent
Dripping Springs, TX is a charming city of 1,900 residents nestled in Texas Hill Country (although the ETJ is home to nearly 30,000). Located just 23 miles west of downtown Austin, this friendly community offers breathtaking natural scenery on top of an exemplary school system and top-notch attractions. The landscape is as varied as it is beautiful offering everything from mature Oak woodlands to sweeping prairies and rolling hills. The amenities near Dripping Springs homes for sale are pretty wonderful as well. Spend a day at Hamilton Pool or tour the West Cave Preserve. Shop the local farmers market or one of the many mom and pop shops the area is known for. Once you step foot in Dripping Springs, you'll want to call it home.
Each of the Dripping Springs homes for sale embrace the small-town charm that is so appealing to homebuyers. You can expect to find quiet neighborhoods featuring plenty of ranch-style homes in addition to acreages and vacant lots.
Homes for sale in Dripping Springs, for the most part, are relatively affordable and offer relief from the expensive Austin market for first-time homebuyers. Extravagant custom homes are also available for luxury buyers looking to build their dream home from the ground up.
Dripping Springs Housing Developments
As the Austin Housing market picks up steam and people start to discover the beauty of the Texas Hill Country, the Dripping Springs real estate market has seen a number of high-profile housing developments stake their claims on land near this charming small town. Some of these developments have building underway and some are still in the planning stages, but here are a few highlights. If any of these sound appealing, make sure you Contact JB Goodwin Realtors for more information.
- Belterra - A 2000 home master planned community set on 1600 acres. Wide range of spacious single family detached homes from bungalows to estate homes. See our Belterra page for more info and current listings.
- Legacy Trails - A 100-home subdivision located just North of downtown Dripping Springs on Ranch Road 12. There are still several home sites available with prices starting at $275,000.
- Caliterra - This proposed resort community is on approximately 600-acres, with 320 lots. A hotel with conference center and golf course are planned.
- The Headwaters at Barton Creek - This proposed subdivision is a 1,000 home master-planned community on 1,300+ acres with approximately 1,000-acres set aside for preservation and open space. The homes are expected to be priced between $180,000 and $600,000.
- Hidden Springs Ranch - Hidden Springs is an established neighborhood that currently has 50+ homes. Phase II construction has begun and will add an additional 52 homes to the neighborhood.
Amenities Near Dripping Springs Homes
Residents will find lots to do just minutes from their Dripping Springs homes. Several natural gems surround the community including Hamilton Pool, a popular swimming hole with locals. Further recreation can be found at West Cave Preserve and Padernales Falls State Park.
The area also features lots of historical sites, which have been carefully preserved over the years. Explore Dripping Springs' rich heritage at Pound House Museum or with a walking tour of the town's longest standing buildings and establishments.
Dripping Springs, TX is also home to a variety of local wineries and orchards, well worth the visit. The local farmers market is another local favorite, offering farmed fresh produce, local artisans and homemade jellies.
The area is served by the well-regarded Dripping Springs Independent School District. Serving approximately 4,765 students, the district spends an average of $10,706 per pupil.
Dripping Springs High School earned distinctions in reading, math, science, social studies, and postsecondary readiness in 2014. In fact, the school has one of the highest graduation rates in the city.
Continue Your Central Texas Real Estate Search
Explore homes and real estate in the nearby communities below or contact a JBGoodwin agent to help you with your search. You can also reach us by phone at (512) 502-7804 or toll free at (800) 531-5207 for all of your Austin real estate needs.