The neighborhood of Belterra is a 1,600-acre community located between the town of Dripping Springs and downtown Austin. The community can be accessed by one of three different entrances: off Highway 290 West, off Nutty Brown Road and finally via Sawyer Ranch Road. There is a wide variety of builders offering fine homes (or that have built previously) in Belterra including (but not limited to) Buffington Signature Homes, Newmark, Highland Homes, Wilshire Homes, Streetman Homes, Sitterle, David Weekly Homes & Drees Homes. With 400 acres of open land, twelve parks, a recreation center and an abundance of trails, Belterra is settled around family life.
At the present time, Belterra is broken up into ten sections. There is still much more land left to build on, however. Belterra also has a professional CCMC on site Community Manager and Lifestyle Director
Homes For Sale in Belterra, TX
Belterra Quick Facts
- Belterra is an exceptional community for family & kids and houses many activities all year round.
- There are many deer and rabbits that live in the open land of Belterra. Sometimes you may see a fox too!
- There are groups of ducks who reside in the beautiful pond close to the main Belterra entrance. We have a special Duck Xing sign posted and low in height to match their stride!
- The Home Builder’s Association named Belterra the “Best Overall Community in Austin” in 2004.
- HOA sends weekly community updates & news through the community portal, Belterra Blast!
- Belterra community was recently awarded 2015 Master Planned Community of the Year!
- Preparatory School o fDripping Springs is located at the Belterra entrance on Nutty Brown Rd.
- Belterra Springs a 152 units luxury apartment community will open in May 2015. Pre-leasing now.
- Belterra will have 106 Acre Mixed-Use Development
The Belterra subdivision is bordered by Sawyer Ranch Road on the west, Nutty Brown Road on the east, and Highway 290 on the north. Belterra is just 6 miles to Capitol Metro and a 25 minute commute to downtown Austin.
New homes in Belterra range from $325k through $750k. Homes resale range between $220k and $550k average.
Shopping Near Belterra Homes
Belterra residents can shop till they drop in neighboring Dripping Springs. Among the highlights include a brand new H-E-B, Walgreens Pharmacy, CVA Pharmacy and Home Depot. Dripping springs is also home to lots of little shops and restaurants, in addition to a YMCA. There is another H-E-B found the opposite way of Dripping Springs at the Y in Oak Hill. Big Lots and Blockbuster are also at the Y. 30 miles west & south of 290 is the beautiful town of Wimberley.
Belterra Dining/ Entertainment
Only minutes away from Belterra, famous Nutty Brown Café is a restaurant and a concert venue in one. You can always catch a live show Nutty Brown Amphitheater, which is a popular local hangout. Past performers have included local artists such as the Randy Roger’s Band, the Josh Abbott Band, and Bob Schneider. Other delicious dining options can be found in Dripping Springs ranging from casual to fine dining.
Belterra is home to Rooster Springs Elementary, which opened in Fall of 2007. Rooster Springs is part of the five-star award winning school district of Dripping Springs ISD. In fact, Dripping Springs ISD is only one of only two Austin school districts to receive an ‘exemplary’ rating from the Texas Education Agency. This is the highest possible ranking, an honor which is only bestowed to 10% of Texas school districts.
Belterra residents would most likely send their children to one of; Rooster Springs Elementary, Dripping Springs Middle School, and Dripping Springs High School. However, there are many private schools in the area as well